Sunday, November 28, 2021

YET WILL I TRUST IN HIM

 

EVENING DEVOTION




NOVEMBER 28
Job 13:15
 
…yet will I trust in him:
 
Nor can you do better.
 
Nay, you cannot do so well.
 
It is the very best thing you can do.
 
But suppose he strips me of my property, 
  bereave me of my children, 
    deprive me of my health, 
      sever me from my friends, and
        hide his face from me.
 
Still trust in him.
 
Not only so, but if he appears to stand over you as an executioner, 
  with the axe uplifted, 
    ready to strike the fatal blow,
      still trust in him.
 
You have his word, and 
   he cannot deny it, 
     he will not falsify it.
 
He must be faithful.
 
He will be kind.
 
He can never turn away from the imploring eye of his afflicted child.
 
Hr never will refuse to honour his word of promise, 
  when it is pleaded at his throne.
 
Trust in him, for he is only trying thy faith, 
  deepening thy experience, and 
    laying a foundation for thy future happiness.
 
Trust in him, and you will some day bless him for this very trial.
 
Trust in him, and when he hath tried you, you shall come forth as gold.
 
Though Satan tempts you, though corruption rages upon you, 
  though the world may frown upon you. 

Though Christian friends are unkind to you, 
  though all things appear to be against you, still say,
 
“Yet will I trust in him.”
 

Why should I dread Jehovah’s hand,
Though it might crush to dust?
‘Tis love that gives his arm command,
And in that love I trust.
 
James Smith
 

No comments: