Saturday, October 22, 2011
...TODAY AS THE END OF THE WORLD?
WILL HAROLD CAMPING REPENT FOR PREDICTING TODAY AS THE END OF THE WORLD?
While flock members face this expectations, the old ganders will fight
to their death before any sign of humility. I hope Harold is not too
proud this time. For some reason, many organizational men think they
are above making things right. Nope! Not on Judgment Day!
Bible repentance is to turn from sin. It includes a change of mind
that leads to a redirection with the decision to forsake
unrighteousness. That has not been the pattern of the false prophets
in the past.
- Ellen G. White of the Seventh Day Adventists said people alive in
1856 would be translated at the 2nd coming of Jesus. (Testimonies, V1,
- Williamn Branham of the Branhamites said 1977 would terminate the
world systems and usher in the millennium. (The Seven Church Ages, p.
- Herbert W. Armstrong of the Worldwide Church of God said, "In less
than 15 years all nations are going to live in this Utopia..."
(Tomorrow's World", May-June, 1970, p. 18).
- Charles Taze Russell of the Jehovah’s Witnesses said in 1914
Christendom will have passed away as shown from prophecy. (Thy Kingdom
Come, 1891 ed., p. 153).
- Joseph Smith of the Mormons said the coming of the Son of Man would
be when he was 85 (or 1890), in 56 years (or about 1891), and as the
Civil War turns into an International War (D&C 130:14-22; History of
the Church, 5:336; D&C 87:1-8).
Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland etc etc