Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Movember 15th 2011






Hi,

It’s Movember, the month formerly known as November, which is dedicated to growing moustaches and raising awareness and funds for men’s health. I have joined the movement and will be donating my upper lip to the cause for 30 days. My Mo will spark conversations, and no doubt generate some laughs; all in the name of raising vital awareness and funds for prostate cancer.

Why am I so passionate about men’s health?
*On average men live 4-5 years less than women
*1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
* 25,500 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year in Canada

I invite you to support me by donating to me http://mobro.co/JeffHallmark

You can even go old school and write a cheque payable to “Movember Canada”, reference my name and Registration Number 1776104 and send it to: Movember Canada, 119 Spadina Avenue, PO Box 65, Toronto, ON M5T 2T2

All donations are tax deductible.

We only have a month to grow Mos and raise awareness and fund, so please come along for the ride.
Funds raised will help make a tangible difference to the lives of others. Through the Movember Foundation and their men’s health partner, the Prostate Cancer Canada, Movember is funding world class awareness, research, educational and support programs which would otherwise not be possible.

For more details on how the funds raised from previous campaigns have been used and the impact Movember is having please click on the links below:

About Movember
Prostate Cancer Foundation research
Global Action Plan

Please donate here - http://mobro.co/JeffHallmark

Thank you in advance for helping me change the face of men's health. Go the Mo!

Jeff Hallmark

Moustache Season. Now Open.


PS
Locally here in Prince George you can donate through Spirit of the North Healthcare Foundation.
http://spiritofthenorth.ca/support/    in memory of Laurence Patrick Sinclair. This will go to the new Cancer Clinic in Prince George the ``Oncology Department``.

1 comment:

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

And I was certain I had found a typo in the title!

Very good focus on a good cause. My husband's three brothers were diagnosed with prostrate cancer. Thus far his tests have been negative, and we appreciate their existence!