Saturday, October 24, 2020

I AM JESUS .

 
OCTOBER 24
 
Acts 9:5
And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord
said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest:
it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
 
Immanuel presents Himself this morning and tells us He is exactly suited to us, whatever may be our circumstances or feelings; He says, “I am Jesus.”
 
Are you seeking the Lord?
 
He is Jesus, the gracious, powerful, tender-hearted, ready and willing Saviour.
 
Are you tried, trouble, and cast down?
 
He is Jesus, the constant, sympathizing, present, wise, and unchangeable Friend.
 
Are you a returning backslider, filled with your own ways?
 
He is Jesus, and He says, “I will receive you;
I will heal you;
I will restore you;
I will rejoice over you;
as the shepherd over the sheep he had lost.
 
Beloved, Jesus is the Lord our God, our all in all;
our God is Jesus the Saviour, merciful, kind, and tender;
this proclamation is cheering to the sinner, and delightful to the saint.
 
Let us remember, whoever may change, whatever may change, Jesus is still;
still touched with the feelings of our infirmities;
still able and willing to help us;
still full of compassion and plenteous in mercy unto all that call upon Him;
still ready to forgive, waiting to be gracious, full of pity, and pledged to receive us.
 
When darkness veils his lovely face,
I rest on his unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy Gale.
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ the solid rock I stand.
All other ground is seeking sand.
 
James Smith


No comments: