Saturday, April 6, 2024

WHOM I SERVE.

 

APRIL 6.
 
Whom I serve.
Acts 27:23

 
EVERY saint is the Lord’s servant.
 
He who does not serve Christ
  is not saved by him;
  for he saves his people that they
   may serve him without fear.
 
Every one who serves God aright,
  worships and adores him; and
  every one who worships God aright serves him.
 
Paul served God with all humility of mind;
  with courage and fortitude;
  with submission and perseverance;
  with delight and love.
 
In serving God he was happy,
  he was safe,
  he was sure of a supply,
  he was useful.
 
Are you serving God?
 
Have you believed his gospel,
  embraced the Saviour, and
  trusted his promises?
 
This lies at the root of all acceptable service.
 
If you serve God,
  you may expect great things from him.
He will protect you in danger.
He will direct you in difficulty.
He will supply you in trying times.
He will meet with you in the field of labour, and
  hold sweet and hallowed fellowship with you.
 
Jesus says, “If any man serve me, let him follow me;
   and where I am, there shall also my servant be;
   if any man serve me, him shall my father honour.”
 
My gracious Lord, I owe thy right
To every service I can pay;
And call it my supreme delight
To hear the dictates and obey;
I love to aid thy noble cause,
And yield obedience to thy laws.
 
James Smith 1849



No comments: