Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Bring Them Hither To Me




MARCH 25

Bring them hither to me.

Matthew 14:18 He said, Bring them hither to me.

Our compassionate Lord was surrounded by a starving, fainting multitude; His disciples had only five small coarse loaves, and two little fishes, and yet He had bidden them to feed the company.

The commands of Jesus are often intended to try our faith, and bring us as children to His feet.

He says, “Bring them to me.” Things are not what they appear, but what Jesus makes them, His blessing produces a wonderful change.

He bids you to bring every thing to Him.

You have a family?    He says, “Suffer the little children to come unto Me, and forbid them not.”

Have you trials?       Take them to Him; His blessing sweetens and lessens trials.

Are you in poverty?             Carry your poverty to Him; He can increase your little, and bless it with a peculiar favour.

Whatever troubles you this day, or any day, think that you hear Jesus saying, Bring it hither to me.”

Carry all things to Him small things as well as great ones; it is only by so doing, that you can surmount trials; conquer foes; glory in tribulation; and joy in God.

The privilege I greatly prize,
Of casting all my cares on Him,
The mighty God, the only wise,
Who reigns in heaven and earth supreme.

How sweet to be allow’d to call
The God whom heaven adores my Friend;
To tell my thoughts, to tell Him all;
And then to know my prayers ascend.

James Smith

No comments: