Thursday, March 19, 2020

In His Favour Is Life




MARCH 19

In His favour is life.

For his anger endureth but a moment;
in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night,
but joy cometh in the morning.  Psalms 30:5

That is, in the favour of God in Christ.

If He have a favour towards us, all will be well; but He has, and as a proof of His favour He gave Jesus for us, and to us; He sent the Holy Spirit to quicken, teach, and sanctify us.

By believing we enter into the enjoyment of His favour; and enjoying His favour we learn to despise all that is opposed to it.

Our spiritual life flowed from His favour; our happiness stands in the enjoyment of His favour; and heaven will be the full displayed and realization of His favour.

To His favour we ascribe all our present comforts and future hopes.

By the favour of God we are what we are. By His favourite we are saved.

This is the source of every good, the joy of every true believer’s heart. Let us endeavour to ascertain beyond a doubt, that we are the favourites of God; let us prizes His favour above thousands of gold and silver; and let our daily prayer be, 

“Remember me, O Lord, with the favour that thou bearest unto Thy people; O visit me with Thy salvation,  that I may see the good of Thy chosen, that I may rejoice in the gladness of Thy nation, and glory with Thine inheritance. Amen, even so Lord Jesus.”

Fain would I my Lord pursue,
Be all my Saviour taught;
Do as Jesus bids me do,
And think as Jesus thought.

James Smith

No comments: