Thursday, June 18, 2020

I WILL NOT LEAVE YOU COMFORTLESS

 

June 18

John 14:18  
I will not leave you comfortless: 
I will come to you. 

 

Believers when in darkness, often fear that Jesus has forsaken in them; this is natural; but it is unscriptural for He says, “I will never leave thee, I will never forsake thee.“

 His offices require His presence with us.

 His love secures His presence to us. He will not leave us orphans.

 We are absolutely dependant upon Him; our comfort is His gift, and the continuance of comfort depends on His presence and grace.

 He is the great source of comfort to His people; His presence and His comforts are generally connected; He may withhold them for a time to reprove – instruct -- or correct us; but we may calculate upon His comforts returning, for His promise is plain; it stands unrepealed in His word; His nature and love are the same.

 His precious word of promise should be believed – pleaded -- firmly trusted.

 We never shall be orphans, for our Father ever lives; our home waits to receive us, and our hope is imperishable.

 Oh, beloved, plead this precious word of Jesus; expect Him to make it good; aim at His glory, and your comforts are sure!

 He will not leave us comfortless.

 

 Most Holy Spirit, give me faith,
To rest on what my Savior saith;
May I the sweetest comforts prove,
Of His divine eternal love;
And daily trust His faithfulness,
Who will not leave me comfortless.

 

James Smith


No comments: