Friday, March 15, 2024

IN THE LORD HAVE I RIGHTEOURNESS AND STRENGTH.

 


MARCH 15
 
In the Lord have I righteousness and strength.
Isaiah 45:24

 

EVERY believer proves that he has neither in himself.
 
The longer he lives, the more deeply
  he feels that he must look out of himself
  for the righteousness that is to justify
    him before God, and
  daily go to the Saviour for strength to conquer sin,
  overcome the world, perform duty,
    resist Satan, and glorify God.
 
What an unspeakable mercy it is,
  that this morning the Lord whom we worship
   is our righteousness;
  that the perfect obedience of the Lord Jesus
  is unto all and upon all that believe
    without any differences.
 
Everyone of us who believe in Jesus,
  have a perfect righteousness; and
  in him shall all the seed of Israel be justified,
    and shall glory.
 
In the Lord also we have strength;
  strength is provided for us,
   and promised to us.
 
Let us therefore go boldly to the throne of grace
  that we may obtain mercy, and
  find grace to help us in every time of need.
 
Our righteousness and strength being in the Lord,
  they are always the same;
  they can never be forfeited;
  they can never be lost.
 
Let us then look up and say,
  “He is near that justified me,
   who will contend with me?”
 
Jesus, thy blood and righteousness
My beauty are, my glorious dress;
‘Midst flaming worlds, in these arrayed,
With joy shall I lift up my head.
 
James Smith 1849
 

No comments: