Sunday, January 26, 2020

I will instruct thee Psalm 32:8



January 26    I will instruct thee.    Psalm 32:8

Psalm 32:8  I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way 
which Thou  shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

At best we know but little, and we are slow to learn: but as the Lord has promised to instruct us, we may yet expect to be made wise unto salvation. The Lord’s teaching always produces humility, self-loathing, confidence in God, zeal for His glory, and devotes the heart to His praise.

It brings us to the feet Jesus, and delivers us from the present evil world.   Under divine instruction we learn the true nature of sin, the vanity of the world, the emptiness of creatures, and the fullness and preciousness of Christ.

Is God willing to instruct us? Then let us be early and often at His throne, praying as the Psalmist did, ”Lead me thy truth, and teach me; for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day”

Then shall we exclaim as Elihu did, “Behold, God exalteth by His power: who teacheth like Him?”

The Lord will teach us to profit, and sanctify us through the truth He imparts. Christ is our great lesson, and to know Him rightly is life, peace, and joy.

Is Jesus thy teacher?            Then sit at His feet, treasure up His words, and show forth His praise.

He says, “Learn of me.”        Learn to know Him, love Him, obey Him, and live upon Him.

Eternal life thy words impart;
On these my fainting spirit lives;
Here sweeter comforts cheer my heart,
Than the whole world around me gives.
James Smith

No comments: