Friday, February 7, 2020

My time are in thy hand. Psalm 31:15



February 7    My time are in thy hand.   Psalms 31:15

Psalm 31:15  My times are in thy hand: deliver me
from the hand of mine enemies, and
from them that persecute me.

Every event is under divine control; nothing is left to chance. The hand of God is in all that occurs; directly, overruling, or sanctifying to our good. He appointed all that concerns us, and appointed all in infinite wisdom and love; therefore we should not judge rashly or conclude hastily.

We know not white may occur today, but we know that the purpose of God cannot be frustrated, nor can his promises fail.

He worketh at all things after the council of His own will. He says “My purpose shall stand, and I will do all my pleasures.”

But this is our comfort, that He taketh pleasure in His people, and in the prosperity of His servants.

Let us consider then, every thing passes under the our Father‘s eye; is overrule by our Saviours power; is directed by the Holy Spirit to do us good.

It shall not be as our enemies wish, or as our hearts fear; but as our God and Father pleases and has ordained. Be not therefore anxious, troubled, or cast down, the Lord God omnipotent reigneth, and He is God. He shall preserve thee from evil. He shall preserve thy soul.

I know not what may soon betide,
But Jesus knows, and He’ll provide;
My life is by His counsel plann’d
And all my times are in his hand:
I’ll therefore trust, nor yield to fear
But cast on Jesus all my care.

James Smith

No comments: