Thursday, January 7, 2021

I WILL DELIVER HIM AND HONOUR HIM

 
JANUARY 7
 
Psalm 91:15
He shall call upon me, and I will answer him:
I will be with him in trouble; 
I will deliver him, and honour him.
 
“Them that honour me I will honour.” Self exaltation dishonours the Lord, and will bring is into discredit and disgrace; but self-denial is the road to advancement and honour.
 
If the Christian deny himself, and keep his eye and his heart steadily fixed on the Lord’s glory, the Lord will honour him. He shall be brought through all difficulties with credit, be cleared of all slanders and scandals that may be thrown upon him, and enjoy his Father’s smile in the darkest day.
 
The Lord will visit him, and raise his mind above all the circumstances that surround him.
 
IN sickness he will soothe and comfort him. In health guide and direct him; in poverty he will bless him with contentment. And in plenty with a liberal spirit; through life he will sustain and supply him, and in death animate and receive him.
 
Beloved, deny self, mortify the flesh, rise above the world, live by faith, walk with God, honour the Lord, and he will honour you.
 
Leave you concerns in his hands, while you seek to promote his kingdom and glory; and you will find that he will bless your provision, and satisfy you with the bread of heaven.
 
He that denies himself for me,
My kingdom to extend;
Shall taste me love, my glory see,
And I will be his friend.
 
EVENING DEVOTION BY JAMES SMITH 1850
 

No comments: