Friday, May 28, 2021

THOU GOD SEEST ME

 


EVENING DEVOTION by James Smith


MAY 28
 
Genesis 16:13
And she called the name of the LORD that spake unto her,
Thou God seest me: for she said, Have I also here
looked after him that seeth me?
 
The eye of the Lord is upon the righteous, and his ear is open into their cry.
 
He sees everything, but he observes his people with special attention.
 
His eye has been upon us this day, he has seen every movement of the mind, and evert action of the body.
 
His eye is upon us now, and will be though the dark watches of the night.
 
But it is a comfortable thought, that he who sees us always, loves us most-loves us notwithstanding all he sees amiss in us.
 
Let us ever cherish the thought, my Father sees me.
 
I am under his eye.
 
He sees all I do, all I suffer, all my desires.
 
Nothing can conceal the least circumstances from him.
 
He sees me in the furnace, and is with me.
 
He sees me in the field of battle, and gives me the shield of his salvation.
 
He sees me when my foot is slipping, and often has the hand of his mercy catch me and hold me up. When tempted to sin, when giving way to fear, or when yielding to the world, let me call to mind this solemn fact—My God sees me.
 
If I sin, it must be immediately under his eye.
 
If I yield to temptation, it must be in his presence.
 
Keep this daily before the mind.
 
Lord, put within my heart thy fear,
Grant me from sin to fly,
At all times to behold thee near,
And on thy grace rely.
 
James Smith
 

No comments: