Sunday, September 9, 2007

What Did Sunday Do For You?


Acts 20:7 says, "And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them."

Where are you in these most recent statistics?

Most churches could not seat all their members if they all attended but as it is, 37% of the seats are vacant on Sunday morning, 59% are vacant Sunday evening and 71% on mid-week service night. In which category do you find yourself?


Absentee-ism is the product of apostasy which, in turn, is the product of spiritual divorce, or leaving your first love (Rev. 3:4). In other words, "I've found someone or something that I love more than the Lord."


If you attended a Bible preaching church Sunday morning and evening, your presence alone said to others, "I believe God, I get enlightened, and I get under conviction for the sins of my life. However, I also get blessed by God from His Word, and I get blessed by fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Furthermore, I get to hear God's Word taught so I learn. I hear of missions around the world and how God has promised greater blessings upon those who regularly tithe and also support missionaries. I learn that everyday God sets before me the way of blessing, if I obey Him, and the way of cursing if I do not obey him (Deuteronomy 11:26-28)."


If you were absent, you backslide a bit further and you said, "I don't need God." You robbed God of His tithes and your offerings and placed yourself under a curse (Malachi 3). God's house should see more of you, not less, as the day of His coming draws nearer (Hebrews 10:25).


Dr. Art Wilson -- Evangelist, Springfield, MO
Bible Reference:

John - 20:19-25, Acts 20:7, Deuteronomy 11:26-28,

Malachi 3 Hebrews 10:25

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN and AMEN! Great post!

Our attendance, or lack thereof, tells on us and preaches a tremendous sermon to others.

I'm baffled at ones who say they "love the Lord", but, for example, they cannot spend 2 hours on a Sunday morning in God's House. If they really love God, they would keep His commandments (John 14:15) and not forsake the assembling of ourselves together as the manner of some is (Hebrews 10:25)...

When the walk doesn't line up with the talk ~ it's baffling!