Friday, May 29, 2020

And Be Found In Him


May 29

 

And be found in Him.

 

And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness,

which is of the law, but that which is through

the faith of Christ, the righteousness

which is of God by faith: Philippians 3:9

 

To be in Christ, is to be united to Him by faith and love; and is of the utmost importance.

 

Apart from Christ we are wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked; united to Christ we are immensely rich; immutably safe, exalted to the highest honour; and shall appear without a fault before the throne of God.

 

If we are in Christ, or one with Christ, we are justified by His obedience, as the debtor is cleared by the payment made by his surety; we are sanctified through Him, as the vessel is cleansed in the fountain; we are protected by Him as Noah was in the Ark; we are preserved from judicial proceedings, as the manslayer in the city of refuge; and are exalted to honour as the BRIDE of the KING ETERNAL, IMMORTAL, THE ONLY WISE GOD.

 

Well may the Apostle desire, “to be found in him.“

 

No mind can conceive, no tongue can declare the blessedness that flows from being one with Christ.

 

Let us therefore, beloved, ask, this morning, “am I in Christ at present?

 

Am I living with Him as His faithful bride; for Him as His devoted servant; upon Him as His dependent child?

 

Do I renounce all for Christ?

 

Can I say, I am crucified with Christ?

 

The world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world?”

 

Yes, yes, I must and will esteem

All things but loss for Jesus sake;

Oh, may my soul be found in Him,

And of His righteousness partake.

 

James Smith


No comments: