Wednesday, November 25, 2020

I TRUST IN THY WORD .

 
November 25
 
Psalm 119:42 
So shall I have wherewith to answer him that
reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word. 
 
It is unsafe and improper to trust our feelings or fantasies; to listen to suggestions, or judge by appearances; the Christian’s guide is God's word, and this should be the object of His trust.
 
If we cannot take God's word and depend upon it, what can we trust?
 
It is true; on all necessary points plain; it has been tried and always found faithful.
 
We should believe it, rely on it, plead it, expect its fulfillment, and comfort ourselves with it; especially when surrounded with difficulties, when in darkness or filled with forebodings, because God delays and our prayers are not answered.
 
Trusting in God's faithful word will bring peace to the mind, experience to the soul, and deliverance in time of trouble; if we trust God's word we may be confident, for our supply is certain.
 
Trusting a naked promise is difficult, but it is attainable, and truly desirable.
 
The promise is God's bond, and is intended to set our minds at rest; if we trust it calmly and implicitly, we shall enjoy peace, quietness, and confidence.
 
Trusting God's word, we need fear no foe, or dread any trouble; all is safe, and safe for ever.
 
Lord, work faith in my heart this day.
 
In Thee, O Lord, I put my trust;
Mightily, and merciful, and just,
Thy faithful word I prove;
Thou canst, Thou wilt, my helper be;
My confidence is all in Thee,
The faithful God of love.
 
James Smith


No comments: