Thursday, November 12, 2020

THE LORD IS MY HELPER .

 
NOVEMBER 12
 
HEBREWS 13:6
So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper,
and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
 
This is a very encouraging view of the Most High God.
 
He is the helper of His people, and therefore it is that they are more then conquerors.
 
Beloved, let us remember this, when called to perform self-denying duties, are to pass through great and sore troubles.
 
We can do nothing aright, apart from God; but we can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth us.
 
He will help us in every distress, bring us out of every trouble, lead us through the world with honour, and land us safe on the shores of the heavenly Canaan; all this is promised to everyone that trust in Him,
  waits for Him,
     walks with Him,
            and aims habitually to glorify Him.
 
What sweet encouragement is this; WE HAVE AN OMNIPOTENT HELPER, God in the person of His Son is our DELIVERER; let us come out of the wilderness leaning on our Beloved.
 
Let us not grieve His love, or dishonour His grace.
 
Let us keep a clear conscience, maintain a holy walk, exercise simple faith on our covenant God, and then we may boldly say, “THE LORD IS MY HELPER, I will not fear what man can do unto me.”
 
 If God helps us, no power can overcome us.
 
To look to Jesus as He rose,
Confirms my faith, disarms my foes;
Exalt on His glorious throne,
I see Him make my cause His own;
Then all my anxious cares subside,
For Jesus lives and will provide.
 
James Smith


No comments: