Friday, June 27, 2008

British Columbia Climate Action Dividend

Regena and I got our cheques on Thursday, and I am giving most of mine back to the BC Gov. I will tithe 10% to Spruceland Baptist Church. See below for rest of the story.


We’re leading the way with Balanced Budget 2008, which overturns the notion that you have to choose either a strong economy or a healthy environment.

In fact, we’re investing more than $1 billion in climate action initiatives. At the same time, we’re introducing new personal and business tax reductions. The changes in Balanced Budget 2008 will give British Columbians, by 2009, the lowest personal taxes in Canada on incomes up to $111,000.

We’re also encouraging innovation and conservation by introducing North America’s first revenue-neutral carbon tax. And starting in late June 2008, British Columbians are eligible to receive a Climate Action Dividend of $100. It's just one of the ways we're helping people take action on climate change.

How will you spend your $100?

Whether you choose to buy energy-efficient light bulbs, shop locally for produce, or purchase eco-friendly upgrades in your home, your decisions can make a big difference.

The rest of the 90% I will give back to the BC Gov.

Last night after Bible Study Regena and I went to Wal-mart and purchased our BC Gov. issued "Fishing Licences". Later this week I will get out my 'resident hunting number' and go and spend the rest on my BC Gov. issued "Hunting License"and "tags'.

Thanks Premier Gordon Campbell, and you have my 'best regards'.


So, my fellow British Columbian how will you spend your $ 100.00???

No comments: