Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Little Fellow’s Dad


I may never be as clever as my neighbor down the street.

I may never be as wealthy as some other men I meet;

I may never have the glory some other men have had;

But I’ve got to be successful as a little fellow’s dad.


There are certain dreams I cherish that I like to see come true,

There are things I would accomplish ere my working time is through,

But the task my heart is set upon is to guide a little lad.

And make myself successful as the little fellow’s dad.


It’s that one job I dream of, it’s task I think of most,

If I’d fail that growing youngster; I’d nothing else to boast.

For though wealth and fame I’d gather all my future would be sad,

If I failed to be successful as that little fellow’s dad.


I may never get earth’s glory, I may never gather earth’s gold.

Men may count me as a failure, When my business life is told.

But if he who follows after is a Christian, I’ll be glad--

For I’ll know I’ve been successful as a little fellow’s dad.

-unknown


email from -
Pastor Mike Walls

No comments: