Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Have You Grown In Christ?

Does Jesus Christ control all areas of my life?

Luk 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Do I have a purpose for living?

Phi 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Is my life fruitful?

Joh 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Do I really hate sin?

Psa 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Is God pleased with my thought life?

Phi 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Phi 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Am I fun to live with?

Eph 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Am I teachable?

Pro 18:15 The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.

Am I available to God?

1Ki 19:20 And he left the oxen, and ran after Elijah, and said, Let me, I pray thee, kiss my father and my mother, and then I will follow thee. And he said unto him, Go back again: for what have I done to thee?

1Ki 19:21 And he returned back from him, and took a yoke of oxen, and slew them, and boiled their flesh with the instruments of the oxen, and gave unto the people, and they did eat. Then he arose, and went after Elijah, and ministered unto him.

Do I have a clear conscience?

Act 24:16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.

Do I have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus?

Col 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Is God pleased with my priorities?

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Am I “touchy”?

1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

Am I bitter about anything?

Heb 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

Do I accept myself?

Psa 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Is God’s Word exciting?

Jer 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Do I have habits or activities that I would change if Jesus were present?

Jer 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Do I have a forgiving heart?

Mat 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Do I like being treated like a servant?

Mat 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Do I encourage my friends to reprove me?

Pro 15:32 He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.

Pro 9:8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

No comments: