Monday, August 30, 2021

REMEMBER ME, O LORD

 


EVENING DEVOTION by James Smith




AUGUST 30
 
Psalm 106:4
Remember me, O LORD, with the favour that thou bearest
unto thy people: O visit me with thy salvation.
 
This is an important prayer.
 
There is very much wrapped up in it.
 
It is poverty appealing to wealth, misery to mercy. The necessity to a friend.
 
If the Lord remembers us, he will preserve us from evils, deliver us from dangers, direct us in difficulty, supply us in want, and comfort us in sorrow.
 
If the Lord remembers us, then it is not of much consequence who forgets us.
 
He is more than all creatures, and enough in the absence of all.
 
But he does remember us, and remembers that we are dust, that we are weak, exposed, dependent, and often deeply tired.
 
He remembers for us his covenant, his promises, the sufferings of his dear Son, and the relation in which we stand to him.
 
Still we may plead to be remembered, that we may share in the gifts of his providence, in the bestowment of his grace, and in the proofs of his love.
 
We should pray that he will remember, to pardon our sins, to visit our souls, to revive our graces, to crown our labours, and to fill us with all joy and peace in believing that we may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Ghost.
 
Remember me, O Lord, and preserve me from all danger this night, and raise me on the morrow full of faith.
 
Thou wond’rous Advocate with God,
I yield my soul to thee;
While thou are pleading at His throne
Dear Lord, remember me.
 
James Smith

No comments: