Friday, October 15, 2021

LET NOT YOUR HEARTS FAINT

 EVENING DEVOTION






OCTOBER 15
 
Deuteronomy 20:3
…let not your hearts faint…
 
Remember the promise, “As thy days, so shall thy strength be.”
 
Prove the Saviour’s testimony, “My grace is sufficient for thee.”
 
Accept the divine invitation, “Call upon me in the day of trouble, I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.”
 
Attend to the inspired direction, “Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee, he will never suffer the righteous to be moved.”
 
Imitate the deeply-tried Psalmist, “I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.”
 
Rest thy troubled spirit on the conduct of thy God, “He giveth power to the faint, and to him that hath no might he increaseth strength.”
 
Endeavour to carry out the apostolic exhortation, “Be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.”
 
Let not your heart be faint, for your heavenly Father cares for you, and all things must work together for your good.
 
Call upon God, and he will show thee great and mighty things that thou knowest not.
 
“Let not your heart be faint.”
 
Every day the truth I prove,
Of Jesus my almighty Friend,
Kept by him, who constant love,
Shall keep me to the end.
 
James Smith
 


No comments: