Monday, October 18, 2021

LORD BE THOU MY HELPER

 
EVENING DEVOTION




OCTOBER 18
 
Psalm 30:10
LORD, be thou my helper.
 
Sweet and appropriate prayer this! We daily need help.
 
The Lord can help us.
 
He has said, “Fear not, I will help thee.”
 
But promises should be turned into prayers: and we never pray so spiritually as when we can say, “Lord, do as thou hast said.
 
“Be it unto me according to thy word.”
 
Let us then earnestly cry unto our God this night, “Lord, be thou my helper.”
 
I see many fall, I shall fall too except thou hold me up.
 
I am weak.
 
I am exposed to temptation.
 
My heart is deceitful.
 
My enemies are string.
 
I cannot trust in man.
 
I dare not trust in myself.
 
The grace I have received, will not keep me without thee. “Lord, be thou my helper.”
 
In every duty.
 
In every season of prosperity.
 
Every hour we live, this short and inspired prayer is suitable.
 
May it flow from our hearts, be often on our lips, and be answered in our experience.
 
For in the Lord help us, there is no duty which we cannot perform; there is no foe which we cannot overcome; there is no difficulty which we cannot surmount.
 
All things are possible; and painful things will be pleasant.
 
Weak and inconstant, Lord, I am,
On thee alone can I depend;
O let me not be put to shame,
But be my helper and my friend.
 
James Smith
 


No comments: