Monday, February 16, 2009

Poem - If You Give Your All To Jesus

IF YOU GIVE YOUR ALL TO JESUS

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Romans 12:1

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:10-14


For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
I Corinthians 9:19-22



If you give your all to Jesus,
And will not withhold a mite,
He will flood your soul with glory,
Make your pathway noon-day bright;
Unto him that overcometh,
Will God give a crown of life,
Toil on then my faithful brother,
Keep your courage in the strife.

If you’ll make the consecration,
Of your life and all you are,
He will be your loving Savior,
And your “Bright and Morning Star”;
He will lead you, ‘mid green pastures,
By the quiet waters still,
The longings of your aching heart,
He will by His Spirit fill.

When your life is all surrendered,
Body, spirit, soul and mind,
And your’ve left the land of Egypt,
With its bondage far behind;
When you see the hills of Canaan,
With their sunlit peaks in view,
You will then have crossed the Jordan,
To that land forever new.

By Benj. F. Dotson, D.D., Litt. D.
Pastor-Poet-Bible Teacher-Evangelist
1949

No comments: