Thursday, February 4, 2021

SEE THAT YE BE NOT TROUBLED .

 


EVENING DEVOTION by James Smith


FEBRUARY 4
 
Matthew 24:6
And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars:
see that ye be not troubled: for all these things
must come to pass, but the end is not yet. -
 
That is agitated,-anxious,-dejected,-confused,-or alarmed.
 
See that you meet troubles with courage, endure them with patience and fortitude, and yield entire submission to God.
 
The world may be troubled, for all things that concern you are appointed by infinite wisdom and love; 
you are safe in my hand; I shall always be with you, to keep you from evil; 
your trials will be moderate, so that you will be able to bear them; 
every event will be directed to work you good; 
and if you are troubled you will dishonour me. 

Therefore watch, pray, and guard against anxiety and dejection.
 
But, how can we prevent being troubled? 
Believe me word of promise,-walk close by my side,-whisper all your fears into my ear-cast all your cares and burdens at my feet,-look aften to the end of your trials-expect the support necessary to bear them from a faithful, a present God,-and remember, you are one with me.
 
Beloved, we are always safe if we are with Jesus. 

You should endeavour to be composed, for he bids you, and bids you in love.
 
O let my trembling soul be still,
And wait thy wise, they holy will,
I cannot, Lord! thy purpose see,
Yet all is well-since ruled by thee.
 
James Smith
 

No comments: