Sunday, September 10, 2023

BELIEVERS ARE IN CHRIST.

 CHRIST ALONE


SEPTEMBER 10



BELIEVERS ARE IN CHRIST.

I am the vine, ye are the branches: 
  He that abideth in me, and I in him, 
  the same bringeth forth much fruit: 
  for without me ye can do nothing. 
                                          John 15:5


Union to Christ is one of the peculiar 
  doctrines of revelation. 

It is 
  plainly revealed,
  plentifully illustrated, and
  frequently placed before us.
 
It is a real blessing. 

Noah was not more really in the ark, 
  nor Lot in Zoar, 
  nor the manslayer in the city of refuge,
  than the believer is in Christ. 

The branch is not more one with the vine,
 the building with the foundation, or
 the member with the head,
   than the believer is one with Christ.


Union with Christ is the source of 
  great, varied, and invaluable blessings! 

There is no condemnation to those 
  who are in Christ Jesus. 

Spiritual beauty and fruitfulness flow
   from union to Christ. 

Peace and purity are the 
  effects of union to Christ. 

But if any man is in Christ, 
  he is a new creature. 

Created anew in Christ Jesus unto good works, 
  which God has before ordained that 
    we should walk in them. 

There is a new nature, 
 from which flows new thoughts, 
  new desires, 
  new hopes, 
  new fears, 
  new joys, 
  new sorrows, 
  new motives, and 
     a new course of life. 

If we are one with Christ, we are
dead to the law,
dead to the world, and
dead to our former course of life.

Christ and his people are one 
  one in the eye of the law,
  one in the eye of justice,
  one in the eye of the Father.

Jesus is the Head, 
  they are the members.

Jesus is the Vine, 
  they are the branches.

Jesus is the Bridegroom, and 
  they are the bride.

This union originates with Christ alone. 

Man never thought of it, 
  desired it, or 
     sought it. 

It is one of the proofs of his love, 
 one of the peculiar manifestations of his grace.

The home of Jesus is the Christian's heart. 

There he lives, there he rules, 
  there he holds his sweetest communion,
  there he imparts his choicest blessings. 
    
O Jesus, dwell in me!


I am crucified with Christ: 
  nevertheless I live; yet not I, 
   but Christ liveth in me: and
   the life which I now live in the flesh
    I live by the faith of the Son of God, 
      who loved me, and gave himself for me.
                                 Galatians 2:20


 JAMES SMITH 1855

No comments: