Friday, September 8, 2023

GOD IS IN CHRIST.

 IN CHRIST ALONE


SEPTEMBER 8

GOD IS IN CHRIST.

"God was in Christ, reconciling the world 
  unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them." 
                              2 Corinthians 5:19


If we would have clear, correct, and 
  comfortable views of God, 
  we must view him in Jesus

God was manifested in the flesh of Christ. 

In Christ dwells all the fullness 
  of the Godhead bodily.

Christ alone fully reveals the Father.

What Jesus was, God is;  
  what Jesus spoke, God dictated;
  what Jesus did, God wrought.

So full and so clear was the representation of God 
  made by Jesus, that he could say, 
  "He that hath seen me, hath seen the Father."

This is a point that is full of comfort. 

I am not to look into creation to find God;
 I am not to go to Mount Sinai, or 
  to the law, to learn what God is; 
   but I am to go to Jesus.

In seeing him work, I see God work;
in hearing him speak, I hear God speak.

From him I learn what God is, 
  what God will do, and 
  what God will give. 

Here are no terrors to make me afraid; 
  here is nothing to repel, or 
    keep me at a distance. 

But here is God saying,
"Come, weary one, I will give you rest!
Come, thirsty one, I will give you to drink!
Come, guilty one, I will pardon your sins!
Come, wandering one, I will receive you graciously!
Come, lost one, I will save you with an everlasting salvation!"

Sweet view of God this! 

How encouraging to the timid and the guilty.

Precious view of Jesus this! 

How calculated to endear him to the heart.

Yes, God was in Jesus, and God is in Jesus still. 

He is our God in Christ, 
  the object of our love and confidence.

Precious Lord Jesus! 

I bless thee that thou hast revealed thy Father to us thus. 

My soul, if thou art ever tempted to indulge harsh
  or hard thoughts of God,
  if thou art ever prompted slavishly to fear him, 
  go direct to Jesus, and 
  see him as he is revealed there, and 
  you will behold that 
             "God is love."
 
 
"No one has ever seen God, 
  but God the One and Only, 
    who is at the Father's side,
       has made him known!" 
                                John 1:18


 JAMES SMITH 1855


No comments: