Friday, April 16, 2021

FOR I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVETH.

 


EVENING DEVOTION by James Smith





APRIL 16
 
Job 19:25
For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he
shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
 
We live in a dying world.
 
Friends and relatives are constantly being removed by death.
 
But one relative ever lives.
 
Jesus is our Kinsman.
 
To him the right of redemption belongs.
 
He has paid the ransom demanded, and he lives to effect our complete deliverance.
 
He lives in our nature at the right hand of God.
 
He lives for us in the holiest of all.
 
His existence is eternal.
 
Hid office is untransferable. He will plead our cause.
 
He will conquer our foes.
 
He will perfect our graces.
 
He will redeem us from death.
 
He will be glorified in us, when he comes again the second time without sin unto salvation.
 
I know him from the revelation of his word, and by the teaching of his Holy Spirit.
 
I know him as the object of my trust, confidence, and desire.
 
I know him as my Redeemer.
 
He has already rescued me from Satan, old habits, and this present evil world.
 
Into his hands I have committed my spirit, and I know that as he liveth in the character of my kinsman Redeemer, I shall live also.
 
Dear friends, it is sweet, peculiarly sweet, to have one ever-living, ever-loving Friend.
 
O Jesus, may I know and love thee more!
 
 
I know that my Redeemer lives,
And ever pleads for me’
Salvation to my soul he gives,
And life and liberty.
 
 
James Smith

No comments: