Sunday, April 11, 2021

I WILL NOT BE ENQUIRED OF BY YOU.

 
EVENING DEVOTION by James Smith



APRIL 11
 
Ezekiel 20:3
Son of man, speak unto the elders of Israel, and say unto them,
Thus saith the Lord GOD; are ye come to enquire of me?
As I live saith the Lord GOD, I will not be enquired of by you.
 
These persons were living in sin under a profession of religion.
 
Such characters are peculiarly loathsome in the sight of God,
he will not allow them to have any fellowship with himself.
“If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear my prayer.”
 
“He that turneth away his ear from the law, even his prayer shall be an abomination.”
 
Are our hearts sincere?
 
Are our lives consistent?
 
If we love sin,
   if we live in sin,
     if we make excuses for sin,
God will hold no communication with us.
 
Sin is the pollution of the soul.
 
Sinners are filthy. They are offensive to God.
 
But none are so offensive as they, who while professing to be holy, live in sin.
 
Sin spoils our services.
 
One sin fostered and encouraged, will cause our services to be rejected, our prayers to be refused, and our persons to be loathed by a holy and righteous God.
 
Christ will not be the minister of sin, or allow his work to be used as an excuse or cloak for transgression.
 
If we are justified by grace, we are sanctified by the truth.
 
Beloved, if tempted to indulge in sin, remember God says. “I will not be inquired of by you.”
 
Lord, wash my soul from sin,
Cleanse every secret part;
And put thy Spirit’s grace within
To purify my heart.
 
James Smith
 


No comments: