Wednesday, May 15, 2024

YOUR BODIES ARE THE MEMBERS OF CHRIST.

 

MAY 15.
 
Your bodies are the members of Christ.
I Corinthians 6:15

 

SOMETIMES we think too much of the body,
  And sometimes we despise it.
 
We do not often realize the value that God sets upon it.
 
It is the temple of the Holy Spirit,
  and it is a member of Christ.
 
Christ and his people are one body.
 
 Every Christian is a member of that body.
 
Our bodies are one with Christ, and
  as such the values them,
   provides for them,
   and by and by raise them from the dead
   exactly like his own glorious body.
 
Let us carry this thought with us
  today wherever we go,
   “My body is a member of Christ.”
 
He claims it,
  for he purchased it with his own blood.
 
He watches over it,
  for it is part of his care and charge.
 
He will take care of it,
  for it is in close union with himself.
 
If my body is the member of Christ,
  I must not neglect it;
  I ought not to pamper it;
  I should not in any sense abuse it;
  but, keep it pure and holy;
  that it may be a vessel unto honor,
  meet for the masters use.
 
Lord Jesus, fill my body with thy Spirit,
  and use it to thy glory and honour.
 
Soon the delightful full day will come,
When Christ shall bring my body home,
And I shall see his face;
Then with my Saviour, Brother, Friend,
A blest eternity I'll spend,
Triumphant in his grace.
 
James Smith 1849

No comments: