Sunday, December 19, 2021

Christ's Servant

 
Evening Devotion


DECEMBER 19
 
…Christ’s servant.
1 Corinthians 7:22
 
Every Christian is a servant.
 
Jesus is his Master.
 
The precepts of the gospel are his rule.
 
He is bound to obey.
 
He has pledged himself to do the will of God from the heart.
 
He that is not willing to serve Christ, 
  has no evidence whatsoever that he is interested in him.
 
The Christian was purchased to be a servant.
 
He is converted that he may devote his powers to the Lord.
 
Let us then enquire to-night, Is Jesus our Master?
 
Do we view him as such?
 
Do we act under his eye?
 
Do we often ask ourselves the question, 
   Will this please my Master?
 
Do we look to him for our supplies, 
  for our orders, and 
    for our reward as servants should?
 
O may the Holy Spirit daily impress these thoughts upon our minds, 
  I am Christ’s servant.
 
He is my wise, holy, and generous Master.
 
My business is to please him.
 
My one object should be to secure his approbation.
 
The world can have no claim upon me.
 
Satan has no right to me.
 
The flesh ought not to rule me.
 
Beloved, have you been serving Jesus to-day?
 
Have you consulted his word?
 
Are you upright before him?
 
While with my lips I call thee, Lord,
O let my heart its Lord confess,
My life be govern’d by thy word;
In all the paths of righteousness
I’ll labour to perform thy will,
And rest upon thy holy hill.
 
James Smith
 

 

 


No comments: