Thursday, December 9, 2021

The Gift of God

 

EVENING DEVOTION




DECEMBER 9
 
the gift of God is eternal life
Romans 6:23
 
Our desert is eternal death.
 
With this the law threatens us.
 
But God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
 
Jesus is the true God, and eternal life.
 
We have the promise of eternal existence, 
  of eternal existence free from sin, pain, sorrow, grief, and disappointment.
 
Of eternal existence in the enjoyment of ease, holiness, honour, wealth, peace, pleasure, and satisfaction.
 
Eternal employment and enjoyment.
 
This is given us.
 
Given us freely.
 
It is the expression of Jehovah’s love to us.
 
A display of his sovereign and distinguishing grace.
 
Angels sinned, and are thrust down to hell; 
  we have sinned, has given to us eternal life.
 
Every believer has the principle now.
 
He is quickened together with Christ, he is alive unto God.
 
Beloved, let us live in hope of this eternal life.
 
Jesus says, “I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any one pluck them out of my hand.”
 
My Father, which gave them me is greater than all; and no one is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.”
 
Answer then thy blest design,
Bring to me the life of grace.
Bring me larger life divine,
Fill my soul with holiness,
Fit me for the life above,
All the life of heavenly love.
 
James Smith
 

 

 


No comments: