Sunday, September 7, 2008

More Teaching from St. John the Apostle

THE ETERNAL LIFE OF THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND ACCEPT JESUS AS SAVOUR

Believers in Jesus are Given Authority to Claim this Right as Children of God: John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:


Eternal Life is Imparted to Those Who Have Accepted Jesus Christ: John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.


HATH (present possession; is passed out of a condition): John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.


I WILL Raise Him Up at the Last Day: John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

(There are 14 more definite assurances of salvation for the believer in the 6th chapter.)



THE PERSONALITY OF SATAN

Jesus calls him, the Prince of this World: John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.


Jesus calls him the Devil: John 13:2 And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him;

Jesus Assures us of Judgment upon him: John 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.




THE ETERNAL PUNISHMENT OF UNBELIEVERS

Those Who Refuse to Believe on Jesus Die in Their Sins: John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
John 8:25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.


The Wrath of God Abideth on the Unbeliever: John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

The Two Resurrections - One of Life, the Other of Damnation: John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.


The Eternal Glory of Believers: John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
John 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

No comments: