Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Pastor - Right or Wrong

I have a pastor. Time was when he was a good pastor. I pronounced him great. This I did because I like him.

His sermons were wonderful - as long as I liked him.

His speech was passing fair - as long as I liked him.

He was a hard worker - as long as I liked him.

He was the man for the job - as long as I liked him.

In fact, I was strong for him - as long as I liked him.

But my pastor offended me one day. Whether he knew or not, I do not know. Since that day my pastor has ceased to be a good pastor- he is just an ordinary one.

His sermons are not so wonderful - since he offended me.

His speech is of no account - since he offended me.

His faults are more prominent - since he offended me.

He is not a hard worker - since he offended me.

He’s not the man for the job - since he offended me.

In fact, I’m trying to oust him - since he offended me.

Many times our estimate of a pastor is determined in a large measure by personal likes or dislikes. Individual feelings, whether we realize it or not, colour our judgment. Liking a pastor, we like his work. Disliking a pastor, he cannot please us. God help us to rise above the little petty things, and see men and issues in their clear light!!!

copy

No comments: