Thursday, September 11, 2008

St. John's verses on the Christian Life

How To Live A Healthy, Helpful and Happy Christian Life

1. Having received Jesus Christ as our Savour, He has taken you into the family of God.
John 1:12, 13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Rest In This TRUTH.


2. The Holy Spirit live in you, imparting to you eternal life.
John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.



3. The Lord Jesus is your Shepherd.
John 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.



4. The Good Shepherd will care for His Sheep. Trust Him.
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


5. You have His authority to ask for whatever you need.
John 14:13, 14 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.


6. You will find joy in service for Him.
John 4:35, 36 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.

John 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

John 16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.


7. You will enjoy the fruit of service through Eternity.
John 4:36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal:

No comments: