Saturday, September 6, 2008

St. John's Five Fundamental Doctrines

THE FIVE GREAT FUNDAMENTAL DOCTRINES
FOUND IN THE GOSPEL OF ST. JOHN


1. The Infallible Word of God

2. The Deity of Jesus Christ

3. His Blood Atonement for Sin

4. His Physical, Bodily Resurrection

5. His Personal, Bodily Return


INSPIRATION OF THE WORD OF GOD

Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Joh 8:26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

Joh 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.


GOD AS FATHER
(A Few Passages of Many)

Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

JESUS CHRIST, GOD’S SON, AS ONE WITH THE FATHER

Eternal God: Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Joh 8:25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

Omnipotent: Joh 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Omniscient: Joh 2:24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,
Joh 2:25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

Omnipresent: Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Jesus as Creator: Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The Visible Manifestation of God: Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Jesus and the Father One: Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Jesus, God in Human Form: Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jesus Received Worship as God: Joh 9:35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
Joh 9:36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
Joh 9:37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
Joh 9:38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

After His Resurrection, He Accepted the title of “Lord and God”:
Joh 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.


THE HOLY SPIRIT AS ONE WITH THE FATHER AND THE SON, AND YET DISTINCT IN PERSONALITY

He Proceeds from the Father: Joh 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

He is Sent by the Risen Son: Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

To Abide in the Believer Forever: Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

To be our Teacher: Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

To Glorify the Lord Jesus: Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.



THE SACRIFICE (ATONEMENT) OF JESUS FOR THE SINS OF MEN


He was God’s Lamb to Take Away Sin: Joh 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

He Died to Give Life to Sinners: Joh 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He Gave His Life for the World: Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.


THE RESURRECTION


He Foretold His Going to the Father: Joh 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

He Appeared to His Disciples in His Resurrection Body: Joh 20:19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
Joh 20:20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.

He Gave Physical Proof in His Glorified Body: Joh 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
Joh 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.



THE ASCENSION OF JESUS CHRIST TO BE WITH THE FATHER

John 16:7
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for
you that I go away: for if I go not away, the
Comforter will not come unto you;
but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

The Presence of the Holy Spirit in the Believer is the Proof of His Ascension: Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.



THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS CHRIST


He Went; He Must Return: Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Among the Last Words of Jesus Before His Ascension: Joh 21:22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.
Joh 21:23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?


SBC Adult Bible Class - Aug. 24 & 31 2008

No comments: