Friday, July 19, 2024

UNDERNEATH ARE THE EVERLASTING ARMS.

 

JULY 19.
 
Underneath are the everlasting arms.
 
Deuteronomy 33:27
 

 
THAT is underneath every believer.
 
They are there to bear him up,
  to bear him on, and
  to preserve from all real danger.
 
The arms of God are invisible, no one sees them;
  they are spiritual, no one feels them;
  they are careful, no one falls out of them;
  they are omnipotent, no one overcomes them.
 
If the everlasting arms of my God are underneath me,
  I may quietly yield myself unto him;
  I may confidently expect protection;
  I may be certain he will lift me above my foes; and
  I may feel assured that he will safely convey me home.
 
Aged saints may rejoice in this;
   for to them the Lord says,
   “Even to your old age I am he; and
   even to hoar hairs I will carry you;
   I have made and I will bear;
   even I will carry and will deliver you.”
 
And weak believers may rejoice in this, for
  “He shall feed his flock like a shepherd;
   he shall gather the lambs with his arms, and
   carry them in his bosom.”
 
O to realize this sweet and encouraging truth,
  and to rejoice in the Saviour’s assurance,
  “My Father, which gave them me,
   is greater than all; and no one is able
   to pluck them out of my Father’s hand!”
 
Through strength like this my soul shall walk
The gloomy desert through;
Those everlasting arms shall grant
Support and victory too.
 
James Smith 1849

No comments: