Monday, October 13, 2008

Columbus Day in the US of A

“It was the Lord who put it into my mind… I could feel His hand upon me… There is no question the inspiration was from the Holy Spirit because He comforted me with rays of marvellous illumination for the Holy Scriptures… No on should fear to undertake any task in the name of our Saviour if it is just and if the intention is purely for His holy service. The gospel must still be preachers to so many lands in such a shot time. This is what convinces me.”


“O Lord, Almighty and everlasting God, by Thy holy Word Thou hast created heaven, and earth, and the sea; blessed and glorified be Thy name, and praised be Thy majesty, which hath deigned to use us, Thy humble servants, that Thy holy name may be proclaimed in this second part of the earth.

Christopher Columbus (from his diary, in reference to his discovery of “the New World”)

Proverbs 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.


While thinking and enjoying Thanksgiving here in Canada, I almost forgot about Columbus Day in the good ole US of A.

Jeff

No comments: