Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekdays with the Lord

Monday - Wash Day ~ Lord, help me to wash away all my selfishness and vanity, so I may serve you with perfect humility through the week ahead.


Tuesday - Ironing Day ~ Dear Lord, help me to iron out all the wrinkles of prejudice I have collected through the years so that I may see the beauty in others.


Wednesday - Mending Day ~ O God, help me to mend my ways so I will not set bad example for others.


Thursday - Cleaning Day ~ Lord Jesus, help me to dust out all the many faults I have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart.


Friday - Shopping Day ~ O God, give me the grace to shop wisely so I may purchase eternal happiness for myself and all others in need of love.


Saturday - Cooking Day ~ Help me, my Savior, to brew a big kettle of brotherly love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.


Sunday - The Lord's Day ~ O God, I have prepared my house for you. Please come into my heart as my honored guest so I may spend the day and the rest of my life in your presence.


-- Author Unknown

No comments: